Well…maybe. We asked ChatGPT to create a list of the best places to longboard on the U.S. east coast.
We know, this sounds like a useless exercise, but we figured, why not have some fun with the machine.
Full disclaimer, we are confident ChatGPT does not longboard. Or maybe they do somewhere in the metaverse.
Here is what the machine produced along with some tasting notes (for fun we didn’t edit this).
- New York City, New York – Explore the iconic streets, parks, and boardwalks. Central Park and the Hudson River Greenway offer diverse terrain.
- Boston, Massachusetts – Cruise along the Charles River Esplanade or explore the historic streets of Boston, enjoying a mix of urban and waterfront landscapes.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Skate around the City of Brotherly Love, enjoying the smooth surfaces of iconic locations like the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Miami, Florida – The Magic City provides a tropical backdrop for longboarding. Cruise along Ocean Drive or explore the scenic South Beach boardwalk.
- Charleston, South Carolin – Experience the charm of Charleston while longboarding along the Battery promenade or through the historic streets of downtown.
- Portland, Maine – Enjoy the coastal beauty of Portland while skating along the Eastern Promenade or exploring the Old Port district.
- Virginia Beach, Virginia – With its long boardwalk and oceanfront paths, Virginia Beach offers a picturesque setting for a relaxing longboard ride.
- Washington, D.C. – Skate around the National Mall, exploring the monuments and parks in the heart of the nation’s capital.
- Asheville, North Carolina – Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville provides scenic routes through parks and vibrant neighborhoods.
- Atlanta, Georgia – Longboard through Piedmont Park or explore the BeltLine, which combines urban and green spaces for a diverse skating experience.
- Miami Beach, Florida – Cruise along the vibrant streets and the famous Ocean Drive for a mix of urban and beachside longboarding.
- Baltimore, Maryland – Explore the Inner Harbor area or skate through Patterson Park for a mix of urban and green landscapes.
- Providence, Rhode Island – Enjoy longboarding along the Waterplace Park or explore the scenic streets of downtown Providence.
- Raleigh, North Carolina – Cruise through the green spaces of Pullen Park or explore the urban trails in this vibrant city.
- Tampa, Florida – Skate along the Tampa Riverwalk or explore Bayshore Boulevard for a scenic longboarding experience.
We have longboarded about ½ the cities on the list and think ChatGPT did an Ok job. However, we’re 100% positive there are tons amazing longboarding spots on the east coast (and across the U.S.) that need to be discovered and shared.
Care to share your favorite spots? Send us your list and we’ll update this at a later date, perhaps via social media. DM us at @deviateboardco on socials or email us at email@example.com
Until then – get outside and go Longboarding! Yew!